I absolutely LOVE crumbles and this one is healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
I am back – back to blogging, back to social, back to caring/not caring/taking photos/debating whether I should change my style etc).
I got back from a beautiful, warm, relaxing, food-filled (where I didn’t take a single photo) beach break last Saturday and on Sunday I spent 4 hours going nuts in the kitchen as I missed my kitchen and cooking (and dishwasher!) a WHOLE lot.
We had some apricots left over from the last bag we were gifted from M’s parents (and their giant tree) that were going soft, so those + a $2 bag of about 12 granny smith’s (I love hitting up the market on a Sunday afternoon!) and crumble was definitely in order.
- 8 Granny Smith apples, washed & roughly chopped
- 6-8 very ripe apricots, washed, pip removed and cut into quarters
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 of a cup of rolled oats
- ¾ of a cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar (or brown sugar - both optional)
- In a large pot, place the apples, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, honey and about a cup of water and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook, stirring every few minutes, until almost tender.
- Add the apricots and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the oats, walnuts, remaining cinnamon and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- Pour over the coconut oil and mix well. Set aside.
- Spoon the apples and apricots into a medium size baking dish sprayed with a little oil. spread evenly.
- Top the fruit with the oat and walnut mix, spreading evenly.
- Place under the grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the tp begins to brown (be careful not to burn)
- Serve immediately with coconut yoghurt, ice cream or frozen greek yoghurt!
This week I learned that making a crumble look delicious is kind of hard!
I am so excited for 2017…
Love it? Pin it!