Kathrin is a beautiful & extremely talented soul I met through our love of food (especially breakfast) on Instagram and I am super excited that she’s decided to share with us how to make 4 of her favourite breakfasts…..
Those of you who follow my Instagram journey know how much I appreciate a good breakfast bowl. For all the others, I have to tell you, I love love love breakfast. It really is my favourite meal oft the day!
Since I’m working a full time job five days a week, I know from experience that it’s not always easy to make a healthy and nourishing breakfast in the morning and still catch enough sleep before heading to work. There was a time where I only had some buttered toast or a banana on the go for brekkie but I always felt hungry and unsatisfied after a few hours.
That’s why I created some quick and easy to make breakfast bowl recipes, which are both filling and delicious.
And here come my 3 go-to work week breakfasts plus one special weekend porridge for those of you who want to indulge…..
CREAMY BANANA & CHIA OVERNIGHT OATS
1 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup almond milk or plant based milk of your choice
fruit for topping
- Mix the oats, chia seeds and almond milk and leave in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight
- Take the soaked chia oats out of the fridge and blend them with one banana and a splash of almond milk (to get the blender going) until everything is creamy
- Pour in your favourite breakfast bowl and top with all your favourite fruits. My choice of fruit depends on what’s in season. I love topping my overnight oats with berries and figs in the summer months or add pears or persimmons in winter.
PINK CASHEW CREAM
1/3 cup cashews soaked in water (over night)
1 handful frozen raspberries
fruit, granola and nuts for topping (optional)
- Put the soaked and drained cashews, the bananas and the frozen raspberries in your blender and blend until it has a creamy consistence
- Top with fruit, chopped nuts and granola or popped amaranth or buckwheat
½ cup frozen blueberries
2 tbsp rolled oats
1 tbsp peanut butter
a splash of almond milk
fruit and bee pollen for topping
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth
- Top with more banana and blueberries or fruit of your choice and bee pollen
LAVENDER INFUSED ALMOND MILK PORRIDGE WITH HONEY ROASTED PEACHES, HAZELNUT AND PISTACHIOS
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup almod milk
2 tsp dried lavender
honey to drizzle
hazelnuts, pistachio and dried lavender for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Cut the peach in slices put on a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with honey
- Put the peach slices in the oven for about ten minutes
- While prepping the peach slices, make the lavender infused almond milk by putting a homemade teabag filled with most of the dried lavender in the almond milk and leave it in there for 10 minutes
- Cook the oats together with lavender infused almond milk and some honey (optional) on medium heat for about 7-10 minutes
- Pour the porridge in a bowl, top with the baked peach slices, chopped hazelnuts and pistachio and dried lavender and drizzle with honey
I love all these breakfast bowls and I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do!
I’m sure everyone’s jaw dropped reading this as much as mine did when Kathrin emailed me this contribution – just amazing! & totally inspiring… now hurry up & come back in season, peaches! I neeeeed you….