And here I am, finally getting a recipe up when I say I will!
I may have appeared slack this year with Healthy Natty – no posting recipes here, all over the place Instagram, super late to reply to comments. But I promise I have not been slack, in fact the super-duper opposite and I can’t wait to tell you more about my plans soon (they definitely involve more recipes, more posting, more time in general and maybe even an e-book or some videos…).
For now, I wanted to share with you my first ever self-developed waffle recipe. Now, let me be totally clear – this was the second time ever I had ever made waffles, so I am no waffle expert. But I know what ingredients I am happy to eat, and I know the morning I made these I wanted something sweet & delicious & indulgent and these certainly tasted it.
I hope you love them as much as M & I did…
- 1 cup of self saising wholemeal flour
- ½ cup of plain wholemeal flour
- 1½ cups of almond milk
- 1½ tbsp of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter
- Pop into your pre-heated waffle maker and cook as per waffle maker instructions
- Serve with your choice of toppings - I chose greek yoghurt, grilled fresh peaches, berries, slivered almonds, passionfruit & extra honey
Are you a waffle lover?
I’ve always avoided them when out to breakfast and at buffets because I was never sure what was in them, but since getting my hands on a waffle maker they are SUCH a favourite. Love them. Waffle makers are the bomb. Delish.
If we don’t speak, have a fabulous weekend/Easter/time doing whatever you’re doing this long weekend.
Me? I am going to tune out (and celebrate my one year wedding anniversary – I know! Already!)