My favourite food finds? Hands down every time it’s the ones that come out of the kitchen when I think I have nothing to cook with.
This pasta salad was made for a friend in 30 minutes while I also did some washing and was working (one of those mornings), and I’ve made it again since because it was just so yummy.
Now I had a packet of Souk Spice on hand which was sent to me months and months ago, but I think it would work with any of your favourite savoury spice mixes, or even just some cumin… let’s be honest, like everything, it’s the garlic that makes it… (isn’t it the garlic that makes all food?)
- 300g wholemeal pasta spirals
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed and roasted
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of savoury spice mix
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can of 4 bean mix, drained and rinsed.
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions in well salted water, adding the peas to water half way through.
- Drain the pasta and peas and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add the olive oil, garlic, chilli and spice mix. Fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Turn off the heat.
- Add back the pasta and peas, stirring for a minute or until all coated.
- Toss through the sweet potato, 4 bean mix and spring onion.
- Serve warm or cold!
When I make something like this for a work lunch I tend to add a can of tuna/leftover meat/some roast chicken to make it more of a meal for my hubby, otherwise, like a couple of weeks ago, I get a ‘too many vegetables this week’ comment by Thursday! Haha… to be fair, I think even that week I had too many vegetables (yes, it can happen). It was the week after we returned from our summer break and all we did pretty much every meal is eat tonnes of greens and not too much of anything else.
In the end, I wanted chips – but this would have done the trick too!
Are we all back into the swing of food prep?
I hope so!
Have a great week,
Love it? Pin it!